Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Bloomsbury Festival and the family in London







This weekend, Mum and my sister Alice came to visit me in London. We stayed at a friend's house and I rediscovered all the luxuries denied me by student accommodation, namely a bathtub and a sofa - bliss! I was treated to curry and breakfast in a little café in East Dulwich where I had the best baguette I've ever had outside of France. Yum yum! Then we spent the day lusting over the three floors of stationary in Tottenham Court Road's Paperchase. We finally ended up in Russel Square where the Bloomsbury Festival was in full swing, the late afternoon sunshine giving everything a hazy autumnal feel, sometimes even momentarily fooling me into thinking there may be a bit of summer left in London yet. Streamers constructed of obscure words and gaudy handprints hanging from trees, the smell of sizzling meat and joyful jazz music organised by SOAS. What a shame that Mum and Alice still had to go home. On the one hand it made me so proud and in love with London but it also reminded me of how loose the friendships I have formed still are, by myself amongst the happy people of Bloomsbury.

On a different note, Nonie is in Rome this week so love to her and hopefully she will come back with some pretty pictures, tasty food and tales of romance in Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment