Saturday, 9 June 2012

Posh party frocks in Hampstead.



Last weekend, instead of Jubilee-ing with the rest of you, we got all dolled up and headed over Hampstead way for the 50th anniversary of my great aunt which involved a very large posh house, a Porsche in the drive and lots of 'relatives' who, upon introduction, feel the need to explain how exactly they are in fact related to me. Was actually a big giggle. I bought this lovely new dress from Laura Ashley and wore my now visibly loved (and slightly grubby) Toast sandals. Alun wore a waistcoat and the waiters were very attentive. Free booze and party frocks is surely worth the treck to Hampstead, no? Hope you all had a lovely long Jubilee weekend and looked happier than the Queen did who seemed to be wishing she was sat watching the flotilla on telly with a cuppa and some toast rather than on the soggy Thames. Can't say I blame her...