Monday, 12 May 2014

SET OF 3: Indian Saptamtrka carvings (from my dissertation)

some text some text some text
Another week, another SET OF 3. Second week on the trot and enjoying my little feature so fun. It's allowing me to speedily share with you a theme for my day or week in a neat little format. I like it! I hope you do too - feel free to drop me a comment at the bottom to tell me what you think.
Anyway, this week I have my first exam and I intended to share with you three of the beautiful Indian paintings that I've been studying. However, plans change and instead this post features three images from my dissertation - two different Saptamtrka reliefs (seven mothers) from Ellora in Maharashtra, a part of my trip last summer that I never got round to writing about. Below is a fuzzy picture of a very happy me perched with the seven formidable ladies pictured above. Many of you have asked what my dissertation was about and I often replied with something evasive along the lines of "seventh/eighth century hindu sculpture in central India" but this is a much better explanation!
some text

No comments:

Post a Comment